Are you considering buying a home but not sure how to finance it? A mortgage is a loan that allows you to purchase a property without having to pay the full price upfront.
Making a Mortgage Application Ready
Obtaining a mortgage might take a lot of time. Getting everything ready in advance is one of the finest things you can do to make it as easy as possible. Here are some tips for getting prepared for the mortgage application procedure.
- Avoid Requesting For A New Credit. Avoid submitting any new credit applications once you begin contacting lenders. This might make the mortgage application procedure difficult. For instance, your lender could want you to submit a letter explaining why you asked for the additional credit, which would slow down the mortgage application procedure.
- Choose the Proper Mortgage. Mortgages are not all made equal. Multiple types of mortgages are available, including fixed rate and adjustable rate mortgages, conventional loans, and FHA loans. You will have to decide even if you have the same sort of mortgage:
– If you should pay points, which might result in a cheaper interest rate
– How much is a down payment necessary
– Which closing fees to pay and which to include in the mortgage
An excellent mortgage or financial counselor can assist you in finding the answers to these queries.
- Check Your Credit Report. Next, confirm the accuracy of your credit report with each of the three credit bureaus. AnnualCreditReport.com offers a free credit report once each year. Before submitting your mortgage application, correct any inaccuracies you uncover to avoid being unfairly punished.
- Gather All Required Paperwork. Lenders will need several financial records from you. The mortgage application process may be substantially sped up by putting together a pre-made packet or digital folder with the most often required papers right away. What to include in it is as follows:
-Pay stubs from the last 30 days
-the two most recent years’ tax returns
-the last two months of your bank statements
-a photocopy of both sides of your driver’s license
-records demonstrating any recent name changes
-documents for other income sources (alimony, child support, etc.)
-Statements for any additional funds for a down payment, such as investment accounts
- Obtain Pre-approval. Find some reputable mortgage lenders and get a pre-approval from them. Pre-approval indicates that your lender has already performed some initial investigations and determined that you will most likely be accepted for a mortgage up to a specific amount. For more information, you can also consult Michigan mortgage brokers.
- Locate a Home. The exciting step is now finding the house you wish to purchase. Select a competent buyer’s agent to assist you, mainly if you reside in a competitive market. With the help of a knowledgeable real estate agent, you can acquire the property you desire while staying within your means. Once your offer has been approved, you can then complete your mortgage application.
If you are looking to buy a home, it is essential to have a specific plan in place before applying for a mortgage. Be sure to research the particular loan type and interest rate before applying. If you have more questions, contact a mortgage company in Michigan for more information.
Contact Your Mortgage Specialist in Rochester Hills, Michigan
Ascend Mortgage is a full-service mortgage broker with offices in Rochester Hills, Michigan, and Jacksonville, Florida. To obtain the lowest interest rates and conditions on house loans, we work with borrowers in all 50 states. Call us at (248) 775-1275 to speak with our team of experts.
Do you know how much home you can afford?
Most people don’t... Find out in 10 minutes.Get Pre-Approved Today!